Monday, September 2, 2013

I have had limited to no internet sense Friday and I think we should start mandating that on weekends. Except for real estate agents (Kevin and Jimmy) the withdrawals would be to intense.
I really felt some strange loss to be away from the constant contact of my gmail page; funny I know.
Friday night is the brother’s night. What is called taking leisured. Without my knowledge, two of the formation students Caio and Weverton, who are barely 20, organized a play about the Franciscan values. It may seem dry, but they had fun showing injury and forgiveness by mock attacks and then bandaging the wounds of those attack. They ended up both wrapped as very forgiven mummies. I guess if we keep markers of forgiveness in our life we would look the same.
After the play, all of the brother came together in a circle and in prayer welcomed all and reaffirmed that all the brother are there for each other. I was welcomed into that group. They are very welcoming to all… The formation students and most of the Brothers and Sisters are very young and if not young in age then in spirit. They joke, smile, attack unsuspecting missionaries (me), and do very kind things for each other. They are in a family and stay very sensitive to each other feelings. As an example, one of the formation students, of which there are four in our house in Governador Valedares, was a bit low or sad that week, I didn’t see this, but the others did. He was made guest of honor for the night.
After the huddle, we ate what are Brazilian hot dogs, which are buns, packed with sliced salsicha (sausage like our hot dogs), a mix of corn and pees, and crushed potato chips on top. And don’t worry plenty of ketchup and mustard.
After we ate I was required to play America music for the group. Not that I am one to break into song, but I could not refuse, plus we were on the third story of the house and they really wanted music.
I played a gospel song and amazing grace, they were very kind and enjoyed the music. We agreed next week Bob Dylan. I handled off the guitar to Caio, whom they call monster, which is true, because he is big and not very gentle in his mannerisms. He has a big smile and a heart that fits him. He starts in with a traditional Brazilian song and I encourage them to show me there songs. I need to note, the brother’s house is next to the neighborhood bar and above the bar is an apartment that plays loud dance music both Brazilian and American all day and most of the night. (I never thought I what miss Shakra) Well, we blow them out of the water with a 15 min praise samba complete with dancing, drumming on everything like plates, cans, glasses, and Ir Gabriel leading a song with the whole house. Some glasses were broken, the bucket may not hold water tomorrow, but we shut down American Dance party - sorry Justin Timberlake.  
In route to an out bound mission this the state of Mina Gerais by train to the mining town to the east.

Be well everyone.


Brother Gedeao, Weverton, and Brother Gabriel

Brazilian Hot Dog

Thlago is on the right
Ronalte, Caio, Thliago

No comments:

Post a Comment